DOCTORAL PROGRAM IN VIETNAMESE STUDIES
Course Code: 62220 113
The primary goal of the PhD program in Vietnamese studies is to train students to become knowledgeable, engaged, and productive scholars and public humanists.
The PhD program in Vietnamese studies is an interdisciplinary program, in which it studies Vietnamese society in local, national, regional and global frameworks. It draws on faculty strength in a wide range of fields, including history, area studies, sociology, ethnic studies, linguistics, urban and rural development and environmental studies. PhD students are exposed to a range of methodologies in the natural sciences as well as in the social sciences and humanities, including ethnography, geography, development and cultural studies.
The PhD Program in Vietnamese studies is designed as a trans disciplinary course of study, meant to prepare PhD students for a wide variety of appointments and careers in academic, cultural and public institutions.
All applicants to the PhD program in Vietnamese studies are required to submit a complete application for admission as followed:
- A master degree in Vietnamese studies or relevant disciplines.
- Publications related to Vietnamese Studies.
- A research proposal addressing research interests, goals, relevant information pertaining to the project such as the reason in choosing the research topic, time frame for research implementation, the applicant’s experience and knowledge about the topic and a future plan after completing the PhD program.
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one letter from a Vietnamese scholar).
- A Vietnamese language qualification certified by VNU required all applicants who are not native Vietnamese speakers (this requirement is waived if the applicant has completed a master's degree in Vietnamese language or a master’s degree at an institution where the language of instruction is Vietnamese or graduate from Vietnamese language programs approval by Vietnam National University, Hanoi).
- A heath certificate.
- A financial provement to certify that you have sufficient funds available for your academic and living expenses.
FURTHER COURSE INFORMATION
For further course information, please click here for details.
For more information about additional application information, tuition fees and deadline for application, please contact us at this address:
Institute of Vietnamese Studies and Development Science
Room 102, Building A, 336, Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi.
Phone number: +84.4.5577203